Question: How do you know if you’ve come in contact with energy vampires? One moment I’m happy, the next I feel depressed and drained. I’ve noticed I feel this way after I’ve been around people I do and don’t know.
Answer: Energy or psychic vampires are people and situations that drain and suck the life force aka your energy from your body, mind, and soul. They can be family members, friends, spouses, life partners, co-workers, bosses, neighbors, PTA members, and anyone else who’s in your life. They drain you emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially. To preserve your health and wellness, you may have to end relationships with energy vampires.
Everyone has fallen prey to energy vampires, especially if you’re empathetic. You can’t help but feel compassion and empathy for people. Unfortunately, you probably absorb their energy or experience some sort of psychic attack. It’s necessary for you to ‘shield‘ or protect yourself from such attacks.
How to Protect Yourself from Energy Vampires
1. Limit the amount of time you spend with energy vampires. Surround yourself with open-minded, loving, and positive people. If you work with energy vampires, mentally say the following, “I’m rubber, your glue. Your stinky energy bounces off of me and back to you. I release and send you on your way.” Or, you could mentally write the name of the person on an envelope along with the words, “Return to sender with love,” and mentally drop it into a mailbox and send their energy back to them.
2. Say “No” and mean it. Give yourself permission to say “No” whenever you’re asked to do something or give something to someone. Energy vampires who try to get you to give them your time, money, advice, sympathy, etc. will receive the message loud and clear when you say “No” to them.
3. Use candles and crystals. Purchase a blue or white candle. After coming in contact with an energy vampire, light the candle and meditate on cutting your chords and removing toxins. Wearing or placing crystals such as hematite, snowflake obsidian, or black tourmaline in and around your home will protect your energy field and home from negativity and energy vampires. Note: wear a crystal over your heart.
4. Set strong boundaries. Set clear, firm boundaries with people. When an energy vampire begins to ‘dump’ their problems or life story on you, gently stop them. Say, “I understand you’re having your own Private Idaho, but I won’t participate in the drama.” You can also tell them you have to go or get back to work. You can have compassion and empathy for their situation without allowing them to ‘hook’ into your positive energy.
5. Take a sea salt bath or wash yourself with sea salt soap. Cleansing your body after an encounter with an energy vampire is important. Mentally see yourself clearing away the toxic energy and cutting your chords.
I’m rubber, your glue. Your stinky energy bounces off of me and back to you. I release and send you on your way! ~ R.A. Sebek
6. Protect your solar plexus chakra. Cross or fold your arms or place your purse (or another object) in front of your stomach whenever you speak with energy or potential energy vampires.
7. Call on Archangel Michael. Ask Archangel Michael to vacuum out any toxins and cut your chords to energy vampires. Ask him to place a blue, purple, or white light around you to serve as a barrier to any negative energy you encounter. This will transmute ‘icky’ energy in your aura field into positive energy.
8. Shields. You can mentally put a variety of shields around you such as mirrors facing outward; blue, purple, and or white light; visualize your spirit or power animal at your side, or ask your angels and or Archangel Michael to be by your side.
10. Laugh! A ‘wicked’ sense of humor is a great way to ward off energy vampires. Laughter is the best medicine!
The next time you experience a psychic attack or encounter an energy vampire, you’ll be prepared to handle it. If you ever feel depressed, angry, frustrated, aggravated, spiteful, revengeful, etc.; ask yourself “why” you’re feeling those types of feelings. Are they really yours or do they belong to someone else? What inside of you is benefiting from those feelings? Sometimes, you need to learn a lesson such as setting stronger boundaries or saying “No.” An encounter with a psychic vampire will teach you to do this. It’s a tough but an effective way to learn.
Realize that most psychic vampires experienced a trauma in their life; some have major stress. They aren’t aware of how they ‘suck’ the energy from people. Bless and send them on their way. As soon as you instinctively know you’re in the presence of an energy vampire, have compassion for them and keep conversations short or drop them altogether. Protect yourself and be grateful you have an awareness of energy vampires on how to protect yourself from them.
- Spiritual Vampires (mediumsworld.wordpress.com)
- How to tell if you’re a psychic vampire (psychicvampire.com)
- Heal Your Shadow Self with Reiki and Archangels (thereikimuse.com)
- Review: ‘Practical Protection Magick’ by Ellen Dugan (awitchylife.wordpress.com)