This review is based on my experience with WEN Hair Care by Chaz Dean. I was not paid to write this review.
I started using WEN on April 7, 2011 and can’t believe the change in my hair. As you can see my hair before using WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner (original scent) looked like crap! Now my hair is thicker, fuller, and shinier; it’s more manageable, and my ends have healed. The bonus is my natural wave came back. I haven’t seen my natural wave since I was a little girl! Perhaps you tried WEN and didn’t like the product for a number of reasons. Please note: I wasn’t with you when (no pun intended) you used the product.
Even when I spend a lot of money at the hair salon, my hair never looks super healthy. Sure it looks all right, but it could be shinier, thicker, and fuller. I’ve used high and low end moisturizing shampoos and conditioners; mostly high end than low end. I’ve also used a leave-in heat protector and a soy based detangler along with styling products. Ironically, the detangler didn’t detangle my hair, and the heat protector didn’t do anything for my hair. My hair would break off, and I would look at my brush and sigh. I was getting sick and tired of spending a ton of money on hair products that weren’t helping my hair. After three years, I took the plunge and ordered WEN from QVC. Why did it take me so long? Like you, I read reviews and was skeptical. The only way I’d know if WEN really worked was if I bought and tried it. Thank God I did! I’m totally grateful that my hair looks and feels good.
How to use WEN
1. Please read all instructions before using WEN. The process is as follows, 1) Wet hair; 2) Use the specified number of pumps for your hair length or what you believe is necessary; 3) Massage WEN into your hair and leave on 3-5 minutes (no different from conditioning your hair); 4) Thoroughly rinse your hair; and 5) Squeeze the excess water from your hair and apply WEN to your wet hair. Wrap your hair in a towel, hair turban, or use paper towels to dry your hair.
2. Comb your hair. Your comb will glide through your hair. My hair always tangled, but now I comb my hair with ease.
3. Use your styling products or WEN Styling Cream. Style your hair or allow your hair to air dry. I style my hair. The only time I allow it to air dry is if I’m not going out.
Your own personal experience with WEN may differ from mine, but I love using WEN and won’t go back to using shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and heat protector. I won’t, however, give up my Moroccanoil and Moroccanoil Hairspray. I love these products and refuse to part with them!
I’m saving a lot of money thanks to WEN. And, the product smells good. If you order from QVC, you can purchase new scents such as Cucumber Aloe, Fig, Lavender, Pomegranate, and Tea Tree. Of course, Sweet Almond Mint is still available. As far as I’m concerned, Chaz is a “hair” miracle worker. My mom and sister use the Sweet Almond Mint and have noticed a difference in their hair. My mom had surgery a few years ago, and the anesthetic left her hair damaged and dry. Thanks to WEN, it’s now manageable and shiny. She feels good about her hair and so can you!
- Wen by Chaz Dean (rebhering.wordpress.com)
- How To Keep Your Hair Free Of Split Ends (hellobeautiful.com)
- Tips to Fight Frizz on Rainy Days (sassncurlz.com)
- Hair dressing…vinegar as conditioner?! (janechen.wordpress.com)
- Detangle (faithamour.wordpress.com)
- Great Tips for hair loss Hair Shampoo (hairlosreea.wordpress.com)