A few weeks ago, I signed up for the Cultivating a Prosperity Mindset teleseminar from T. Harv Eker and Randy Gage. Randy was a high school dropout and served jail time at the age of 16. He always heard, “How can someone so smart be so dumb?” Randy’s mind was programmed with this mind virus. While he was in jail, a teacher visited him and said, “You don’t belong here. You take a test and earn a score like a college level. You’re a bright guy — you have the potential to do great things.” Randy wanted to believe him and he did. That’s how he began to change his life. Now, Randy’s a successful businessman.
Randy says, “You need someone who believes in you and that gives you the confidence to believe in yourself. We’re programmed not to stand out. In Australia, it’s known as “the tall poppy syndrome,” the tallest flower is the one that gets cut. We’re told don’t stand out, fit in, keep your head down and don’t get noticed. We’re programmed with these memes.” ~ Randy Gage
It makes it really hard, super hard to succeed when you’re in a negative and or non-supportive environment. Jim Rohn used to say, “Your income will be the average income of the five people you spend the most time with.” That’s not very encouraging when you’re surrounded by Negative Nina’s or Nick’s 24/7.
“You need to work on the root; otherwise, the fruits will be the same.” T. Harv Eker
3 Guiltiest Parties
- All governments. They need you to be needy. This keeps their power base.
- Datasphere. TV, newspapers, blimps, internet, movies, etc. Many technologies create many mind viruses which travel the world within an hour.
- Organized religion. The true message is love. However, there are elements within religions that hi-jack this concept such as, “Money is bad; Rich people are evil; and It’s spiritual to be poor.”
*I would add a fourth guilty party which is family. This is my belief. Listen to what your parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents and others say. Do they speak positive or negative words? Do they complain all of the time? Is the sky always falling? Is everything in their life hopeless? I can go on and on, but I think you get the point.
How to dissolve mind viruses
1. Limit the amount of time you spend with negative people. Or, learn to tune them out.
2. Accept responsibility for your life and decide to change it for the better.
3. Be willing to change your life; be willing to live a happier, more successful life. Stop worrying about what others will think. Who cares?
4. Create a positive consciousness before you leave the house. Read a book, listen to a meditation, do yoga, etc. to make sure you’re vibrating where you want to be.
“The secret to prosperity is to be able to be a critical thinker — examine your beliefs. Examine how you got them. Where did you get your ideas from? What makes sense for you? Are they supporting you to have a happier, more successful life? If your beliefs are true and serve you, they’ll withstand the skepticism and questioning. Most peoples’ core foundational beliefs were determined before you were 10-years-old; from parents, counselors, teachers, books, television, etc. You got your beliefs when you were five, six, seven-years-old. Now, you’re 35, 45 or 55 and wondering, “Why can’t I break through? Why am still struggling? Is it the economy? Is it my boss? Ninety-nine times out of 100 it’s self-sabotage because of your limiting beliefs.” ~ T. Harv Eker and Randy Gage.
You get what you expect. Do you expect to succeed or fail? Do expect that you can change your life? Do expect to have that deal go through? Do you expect trouble wherever you go? Do you expect your life will be hard? It will behoove you to examine your expectations.
“Environment is stronger than will power. For example, if you attend a Millionaire Mind Intensive, you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people. In three days, you’ll grow quickly and have such new insight about yourself and your life, about your own successes; that you can easily leave people behind. When that happens, they’re start negating you.” T. Harv Eker
Expect more because you’ll have a better chance of good things happening for you then if you expect less. It’s more supportive, and you’re happier by expecting more. You may not be wealthy tomorrow, but there’s a greater chance you’ll attract prosperity to you sooner rather than later. Stop expecting less! Change the way you think, change everything in your life.
- How to Dissolve Problems (misticcafe.com)