Question: I feel some people are toxic to me. The kicker is the only communication (if any) I have with them is through Facebook. These people really don’t have anything to do with me; we don’t have anything in common except being related. I would like to reduce my exposure to them. Help!
Answer: The question to ask is, “Does this honor me? How does this honor me?Does this relationship honor me? It may be time to reduce your exposure to toxic people.
How to reduce your exposure to toxic people
1. If you’re having issues with toxic people, be honest about the relationships you have with them. It may be in your best interest to reduce the amount of time you spend with them. Of course, you may have to cut them out of your life completely. The choice is yours.
3. Just say No. Find the courage to honor you and say “No” to people. If they get upset with you that’s their problem; they’ll have to work it out. It has nothing to do with you — it has to do with them. Move forward with your life and don’t look back.
Affirmations from Sandra Anne Taylor
- I have so much to be grateful for. Every day, I notice these things more and more. I look around and am satisfied.
- I’m letting go of the negative interpretations of my life. I find many wonderful things to appreciate each day.
- I often take time for single moments of appreciation. I smile and name what I enjoy. I say “Thank You” to the universe.
- I appreciate myself and my life more and more each day. I deserve my OWN gratitude.
You can reduce your exposure to toxic people no matter who they are including family. This can be scary but it will behoove you to limit the time you communicate and spend with these people. Send them lots of love and wish them well. See them happy and healthy. However, it’s up to them if they’re open to receiving your loving energy. They may not be open to it or want to receive. Be okay with this. Remember, it’s not your job to ‘fix’ people.
- How to Protect Yourself from Energy Vampires (misticcafe.com)
- Toxic Relationships: A Health Hazard (psychologytoday.com)
- Archangel Michael and Archangel Faith: Perceiving Your Energy (stevebeckow.com)