The Biggest Loser started again. The gym was modified to accommodate this year’s teams because this years “theme” is family. The family that gains weight together can take it off together! Husbands and wives are with trainer Bob and Jillian has parents and children. For photos of past contestants of The Biggest Loser, please visit tv.Yahoo!
Why are people overweight?
Some people are overweight because on a subconscious level their weight acts as a protective barrier for them. It’s a “cushion” for their feelings and a way to avoid getting hurt. Others are overweight because food is a comfort to them.
Before losing weight, it would behoove you to go within yourself to discover the deeper issues as to why you are overweight. Then and only then will you be able to lose weight and keep it off.
What does it take to lose and keep weight off?
Losing weight and keeping it off takes discipline. You must make up your mind to lose the weight once and for all. Losing weight is one challenge, keeping the weight off is another. Most people see their weight go up and down like a yo-yo. The bottom line is that diets do not work. If you deprive yourself of your favorite foods, you are setting yourself up for failure. You are bound to gain the weight back. However, if you know that you would not be able to control yourself when it comes to dessert, look for alternatives that are lower in calories.
Tips to Lose Weight!
- Cut out the junk! If you know that you cannot, beyond a shadow of a doubt, have one or two cookies and be satisfied, give them up. Do you know how much sugar is in that soft drink? Diet soft drinks are not any better. Some people incorporate “cheat days,” but if you are not 100 percent sure you will be able to do this then bid dessert farewell. As Shakespeare wrote, “parting is such sweet sorrow.”
- Work out, work out, work out! It cannot be stressed enough that exercise is imperative to losing weight. It also strengthens your bones and keeps them healthy. Work out at least three to five times a week.
- Drink water, plain water. Stay away from flavored waters. For example, Vitamin Water, has 50 calories, 13 carbs, and 13 sugars! How will this help you lose weight?
- Stay away from fast foods. Subway is a great alternative. It’s fresh and you can have it your way!
- Portion control your foods. Eat lean meat in 3 -4 ounces. Instead of using ground beef, try give ground turkey or chicken.
- Before you purchase food, read the labels. Low fat, fat free, and non-fat are not necessarily good for you. If the manufacturer takes out the fat it will be replaced with other ingredients that are probably not healthy for you.
- Eat when you are hungry. Most people eat because they are bored or emotional. Get to the bottom of why, when, and what you eat.
- Visualize yourself at your ideal, healthy self! Think it, know it, and believe it.
These are some ways to lose weight, keep it off, and feel great! Remember, every body is different. A low carb, high protein diet may work for you, but it will not work for someone else. As always, consult your doctor before starting a weight loss program. For more tips on losing weight, please visit Everyday Health.