Do you have a favorite travel destination? When August, the “hottest” month appears, are you ready to book a flight to Edinburgh, Scotland for the International Fringe Festival? Whether you are a new or experienced traveler, here are some tips for you. Don’t leave home without them!
- Do not be a tourist!
- Consider booking your flight online.
- Read hotel reviews!
- Stay at a bed and breakfast or hostel. Read reviews!
- Pack what you need not your entire closet!
- Bring a good pair of walking shoes.
- Make copies of your credit card, passport, and drivers license and carry them in a separate place. Leave a copy with someone back home.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home.
- Travel during off-peak seasons.
- Check in early at the airport.
- When traveling to a foreign country bring some local currency with you.
- Bring a phone card in case of emergency. If you have a cell or mobile phone with international coverage that’s even better!
- Bring a voltage adapter when traveling to a foreign country.
- Travel with an open mind.
- Bring a guidebook, language translator, or foreign language book.
- Smile! Bonus!
Links to your next adventure
- Baja Fun. A great resource for Baja California Sur. Fun in the sun!
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival. This international festival is truly one of a kind! The popular Military Tattoo Festival usually sells out within the year. Get your tickets now!
- Budget Backpackers. More than just a youth hostel. You will find people of all ages from across the world at this hostel!
- Sunset Travel. Online travel agency that specializes in the “all-inclusive” vacation.
- Hostel World. Proud sponsors of UNICEF! Hostel World’s experienced staff is from all over the world. Book your hostel, budget accommodation center, or package tour today!
- Priceline.com – no one deals like we do!. Option #1 for booking your vacation!
- Barnes and Noble. Find Lonely Planet guidebooks and much more!
- Buy.com. The place to purchase electronics such as a pocket translator, IPod, MP3, digital camera, or whatever “electronic gadget” for your next vacation.
Top Travel Deals at Expedia.com. Option #3 for booking your vacation.
Pack It!: Luggage at eBags.com in case you need a new set.